New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Cant play streaming windows media player files!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rhoni

Rhoni is on a distinguished road

hi..

i just want to play streaming videos on my mac... but they are in windows media player format.. How can i play those on mac.. do i need to do any changes in the media options or something!!!

P.S: when i try to play those videos.. i get this message... 461 unsupported transport.

plz help
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Welcome to Mac Forums.
Download Windows Media player for Mac - Flip4Mac WMV Overview - Telestream and Apple - Downloads - Video - Perian.
I would also not be without VideoLAN - VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player as it plays 99.9% of video formats.
QUOTE Thanks
Rhoni

Just installing ths work?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Just installing ths work?
That's why I posted the links
QUOTE Thanks
Rhoni

But guess what !!!nothing worked...
I guess something has to be changed with the setting of an player!!
and i just want to know.. the vlc media player link you posted in the previous comment is just the player.. isn't it???
QUOTE Thanks
6string

You use either once you have installed those, you use either Quicktime player or VLC to play them. VLC should play them even if you didn't install Flip4Mac or Perian.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« White Macbook 2008 version Superdrive replacement | data transfer, Macbook - Imac »