New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

How do I transfer my files from one user account to the other?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lakeloon

Lakeloon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2009 Macbook Pro, iPod Touch 4th Gen

I made a new user account on my Macbook Pro and I need to put files from the first account to the other (on the same computer). Any help is appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

A flash Drive or an External Hard Drive might be the easiest solution, but you can transfer the files directly through the OS. Go to the user folder of the account you want to transfer the files to, *while still in your own account*. Find the folder called 'drop box', and put all of your files into this folder. You cannot open this folder, all you can do is drag files into it.

When your done that, log into the account you just transfered the files to. Go back to the same user folder (this time inside the account) and you will be able to open the drop box folder and access all of the files.

Come back and ask questions if you can't get it, I'm not on my mac so my instructions might not be very clear.

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Lakeloon

Lakeloon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2009 Macbook Pro, iPod Touch 4th Gen

Thanks! I'll try that!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SmackBook Problems??? | MacBook and video playback »