New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Audio Stuttering/lagging

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kdubbs117

kdubbs117 is on a distinguished road

Hi. So i have a problem with my macbook that has been making me want to pull my hair out! Almost every time i try to play streaming videos, the audio frequently lags. This stuttering comes and goes but usually the stutters just end up bursting into annoying static-like noise (my real problem). Moreover, when the stuttering turns to static noise, it makes every noise on the computer static-like as well (itunes, notifications, everything).
However, if i let it sit for maybe 10 minutes or I restart, it usually fixes temporarily. But obviously, i want to find a permanent solution. The problem has progressively gotten worse, and now i can't even watch a whole minute smoothly without this lagging.
Is it a fixable problem or is it fatal? I have tried many solutions but none of them really seem to get the job done. Perhaps its a really simple solution, i have no clue. Any support or advice would be extremely helpful! If anyone helps me fix this problem, I will express gratitude from the bottom of my heart haha.

Note: I own a white macbook from about 3 years ago. 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory=2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Small holes left of iSight | MacBook Pro to external monitor »