Problem after replacing Logicboard on Macbook
    I changed the 820-2279A logicboard on my Macbook A1181. Now it will not restart to the hard drive (flashing question mark) but it will boot to a black osX disc. However, I then get the message "Mac OSX cannot be installed on this computer". I tried reformatting the hard drive via the Disc Utilites on the disc but it doesn't make any difference. I have also reset the PRAM and SMU and now I am flat out of ideas.

Anyone have any suggestions? Are there any resets that need to be done when a logicboard is replaced?

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    It sure looks like you've done everything you need to do to get it up and running. The only question I have - Is the logic board you installed the same exact one as the one you removed? Not a substitute, but an exact replacement? The reason I ask is if there is any difference in the firmware between the logic boards, it may not work.

The replacement has the same model number etched on the board "829-2279 A" as the original one and it certainly looks identical but, other than that, I don't know how to tell if it really is the correct one. The fact that it will boot to the CD and will run Disc Utilities is somewhat encouraging but I just can't get it to take the OSX installation.

Apparently the motherboard just isn't identical, if you could try with retail OS X disc and even that fails then you have real problem. It is normal that you cannot install OS X to another computer with those discs that came with another machine, if the model differs.

I am using the retail OSX installation disc (the black one) not the grey one. The Disc Utilities log says "Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (cach) while running as uid 0:"

Thread Information