New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Damage to LCD screen: can I leave it alone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mwilson817

mwilson817 is on a distinguished road

my macbook screen was apparently grabbed pretty tightly in the upper right corner and now has a 3/4 inch black/cyan mark there along with straight lines radiating from that spot across the screen.

It's usable, but should I worry about other problems developing (i.e., system problems, etc) if I don't replace the screen?

I purchased the machine used and I'm reluctant to pour more money into it unless I have to.

thanks, this is my first time post/first mac. Forum looks very helpful.
QUOTE Thanks
thomas998

thomas998 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Late 2008 MBP

it isn't going to cause any problems beyond the screen. Its possible the damage you see on the screen will grow over time and get worse, but it wont cause the motherboard or any thing like that to die on you if that was what you were afraid of.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP disc tray problem | My MacBook Pro is dead and there is a CD i can not get out »