New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Flashing box top left corner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

subject2wit

subject2wit is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

there was a flashing box (looked like it was downloading something) on my top left corner for the past hour. i updated and restarted my computer and SO FAR i haven't seen it, but it flashed for a quick second every minute or so. anyone have any idea what it could have been?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
roaso

roaso is on a distinguished road

i set up screen capture "Instant shot" to grab every .05 seconds but it doesn't show up on the jpg's.

Weird.. so fast.. like a 2 inch box flashes just under the apple in top left. Looks like it's as if i was about to download a .pdf or something.. can't read it.. so fast.

I have Firefox running, using the "Reload every" add on for some open pages... maybe related..also entourage, acro pro 8, word, excel etc.. restarted,.. still there..

anyone else see this? Is it a hack? I guess i should go off wireless and see if it stops..
QUOTE Thanks
roaso

roaso is on a distinguished road

the box that flashes every minute or few minutes is actually my 'show progress' send and receive box from the email program (I use Entourage). It flashes so **** fast you can't tell that though. I set a camera up and had to capture it (screen) every 0.02 seconds to see it.. flashes so fast.

but it is not a virus - or hack - good news.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking to buy first Mac notebook but can't decide what model! | 10.6.8 Trim support »