New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Difference with battery on 15" and 17" MBP unibody?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheFishGuy

TheFishGuy is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is a silly question, I used the search, but could not find what I was looking for.

Basically, my friends 17" MBP get's about 7 hours of battery life with a brighter screen and more use then when my 15" MBP get's maybe 3 hours with half the brightness and usage than his. I decided to have the battery replaced on my book, thinking it was that, I took it to the genius bar and was replaced under warranty, but it's still the same situation even after I calibrated the battery. So the only thing I can think of is he has a bigger battery, but I can't remove his battery because it's just a flush bottom, unlike where I can just click the flap that releases my battery. He has I believe the same year MBP...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! Tim
QUOTE Thanks
nepenthe

nepenthe is on a distinguished road

Apple MacBook Pro Specs (All MacBook Pro Technical Specs) @ EveryMac.com

The 17" has a 95 W/Hr, the 15" 77.5 W/Hr

MBP 15" 2.4GHz i5 4GB/1TB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook G4 Help | external hard drive failure »