New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Virus or Spyware?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AnaDC

AnaDC is on a distinguished road

My Mac is:

Mac Pro OSX

I think I download a virus.

I download a free trial of a game on bigfishgame.com (it was a DMG) and now I think I also download a virus or spyware... something! Is it possible?

I delete everything related to the game but Safari is unstable with certain sites and Finder freezes every time I open it.

Where can I look for the spyware or malware on my laptop?

How can I be sure, this is not a virus?

Does anyone have this problem? or Have had it?

Thanks so much for your advices
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

G'day and welcome to the forums.

It is not a virus as there are no mac OS X virii. it may be spyware ~ were you asked to install using your administrator password? That is the only way these things can install. If so download one of the removal utilities such as AppTrap or AppDelete and drag the game to the trash.

Go into Safari preferences and reset Safari and also empty the cache.

What do you mean about having a problem, as you have not described the symptoms? If the computer is slowing try one of the cleaning utilities such as Onyx.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can I remove 'half files' and rubbish on my hard drive? | 13" MBP upgrade to 1TB HD issues »