New Hampshire
    ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram
    Buying ibook on Ebay, Few Questions
    Hello all

I am thinking about maybe buying an used ibook on ebay, the price seems very reasonable to me, and i am willing to go about $500 American. My only concern is that in his description he stated that there was a blotch on the screen that is "Barely Noticeable". It is an ibook 600mhz. Do you think it would be dangerous to buy this machine for $500 or maybe even a little more... if there is a blotch, does this mean that the screen is dying or that it should be ok for a while?

Thanks ahead of time.

$500 is too much money for a 600Mhz G3 anything in my opinion, even if it was in perfect working order. For the same price you can get a brand new 1.25 Ghz G4 Mini....twice as fast and a better proc all around.
    I would pass on it if I were you. :black:
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Coruscant, Galactic Republic
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    $500 is reasonable for an iBook in excellent condition, and with so many of them floating around eBay, I'd honestly wait for one that has no defects. You'll be happier in the long run.

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    I would pass on it. One man's blotch on the screen that is "Barely Noticeable", can most likely be another man's eye sore.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information