New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Buying ibook on Ebay, Few Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

doomzmaster

doomzmaster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 14" 1.42GHz 512MB Ram

Hello all

I am thinking about maybe buying an used ibook on ebay, the price seems very reasonable to me, and i am willing to go about $500 American. My only concern is that in his description he stated that there was a blotch on the screen that is "Barely Noticeable". It is an ibook 600mhz. Do you think it would be dangerous to buy this machine for $500 or maybe even a little more... if there is a blotch, does this mean that the screen is dying or that it should be ok for a while?

Thanks ahead of time.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

$500 is too much money for a 600Mhz G3 anything in my opinion, even if it was in perfect working order. For the same price you can get a brand new 1.25 Ghz G4 Mini....twice as fast and a better proc all around.
I would pass on it if I were you. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

$500 is reasonable for an iBook in excellent condition, and with so many of them floating around eBay, I'd honestly wait for one that has no defects. You'll be happier in the long run.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I would pass on it. One man's blotch on the screen that is "Barely Noticeable", can most likely be another man's eye sore.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook or Powerbook? | Best time to buy? »