Skewer Stuck In Headphone Jack
    Previously, I had a piece of headphone stuck in my headphone jack. I took it to the apple store and they said they could replace the MLB for free, but they didn't have the part in, so they would order it and call me when it's ready. About three weeks later, they hadn't called yet, so I went to the apple store and they said they still didn't have the part in and I should make another genius bar appointment. I lost patience and took it upon myself to try to remove it with a skewer. I put super-glue on the end of a skewer and put it into the headphone jack, but it then broke off. I have 2 questions: Will Apple still replace the MLB for free? or Is there anything else I can do to try to get the skewer out of there?

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Kind of hard to recommend anything helpful...sounds like you made a bad situation worse!

I would recommend that if you were thinking of shooting a remake of a "Three Stooges" movie...that this situation would make a great comedic scene!

As far as will Apple still replace things for free...the best answer is go to your local store...and ask them.

Good luck,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Kind of hard to recommend anything helpful...sounds like you made a bad situation worse!

I would recommend that if you were thinking of shooting a remake of a "Three Stooges" movie...that this situation would make a great comedic scene!

As far as will Apple still replace things for free...the best answer is go to your local store...and ask them.

Good luck,

- Nick
    I got a screwdriver and kind of got it out, but the headphone jack is mangled. Thanks for your input!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleftin View Post
    I got a screwdriver and kind of got it out, but the headphone jack is mangled. Thanks for your input!
    Please don't take this the wrong way...but you really don't seem to be the sort of person that should be working on your own computer!

First you:

- broke off a headphone jack in your audio port
    - then you broke off a skewer trying to get the broken headphone jack out of the port
    - then you tried to remove everything with a screwdriver...and although it sounds like you were fairly successful...you mangled the audio port.

I guess if everything is out of the port...congratulations...does the audio port still work?

When it comes to resale time...you may find that the mangled audio port may have reduced it's value.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information