New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro Video+Game Power

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

superhighfive

superhighfive is on a distinguished road

Hey first poster here

I'm considering getting a Macbook Pro for photo editing, professional video editing and gaming.
I'm concerned with how does the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256Mb do with video editing and gaming, especially with the Steam games. What kind of fps can I expect from HL2 and TF2 etc.

Probably going to get the 2.53Ghz i5, 15" Macbook Pro as the screen is bigger for working on.

Thanks for any help!
QUOTE Thanks
nlr

nlr is on a distinguished road

I would like to know this too, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
JwintooX

JwintooX is on a distinguished road

well you arnt going to max crysis out (its very playable on medium/high settings), ive found boot camped with windows 7 gets the best performance from the gaming side. I have the 2.53ghz i5 btw.

I run everything else on the mac partition just fine including the new Photoshop CS5 it starts up so quickly
QUOTE Thanks
lucky7

lucky7 is on a distinguished road

i think performance will depend on the game. for instance, i played counterstrike for about 6 years on my old windows desktop. it had 512mb of ram, and a tiny HD. played "fine" for a few years. updated the graphics card a couple of times, added a gig of ram. when it was all said and done, the current MBP has much better specs than my old powerspec had. im thinking you shouldn't have much of a problem playing games.

-27" iMac. Core 2 Duo, 1TB HD, 4GB Ram.
-13" MacBook Pro. Core 2 Duo, 250GB HD, 4GB Ram.
-iPhone 3GS 32GB.
-AirPort Extreme.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple OEM RAM | Sound won't work through Samsung 55 inch LCD »