New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

idiot alert! busted "a" key on macbook !!! helllllllllp!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ntlie

Ntlie is on a distinguished road

so, my name is Natalie but since I busted my "a" key you get this deliciously funny username. I can't type with it at all, the squishee thing fell off & I tried poking the metal bit to see if that did anything and no dice. This is my fault, I know that since I haven't cleaned it in so long. so is this hopeless since it seems that it doesn't even register when I press on the metal bit?

you can get keyboard replacements but I am worried the censors to the "a" key are kaput. sooo maybe my best bet is just to buy a usb keyboard? the a key is crucial & I can't be pressing paste forever when I want to write.

thx so much!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can buy a replacement keyboard at iFixit: The free repair manual. They also have the step by step instructions on how to replace it. You'll need your model number in order to find the correct keyboard at ifixit.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Try calling your local Apple Store (if you're lucky enough to live near one) and see what they say. My MBP was one month out of the initial 1-year warranty when my "R" key broke off and they replaced it for free. It took less than 5 minutes. I got lucky, they had an extra set of keys in the back cause someone had to replace a different key on their Mac that same week. At least call them and see what they can do for you.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What makes a battery last 8-9 hours? | Default Log in Screen »