New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Which graphics card should i get for my 15inch PB?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jmoh2049

I cant decide which graphics card to put in my PB, so i want to see how each one does on WoW, the only game i play. If there isnt a dramtic difference, i wont buy the 128 card.
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoh2049
I cant decide which graphics card to put in my PB, so i want to see how each one does on WoW, the only game i play. If there isnt a dramtic difference, i wont buy the 128 card.
Its not upgradable after purchase. So if you know you're going to play games get the better VidCard when you buy the laptop. Its only $100 difference.
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

yep its build into the logicboard

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I have the 128, but mainly because I do alot of video editing and I wanted the best graphics card.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Acill

Acill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2

I opte for the 64MB and maxed out the RAM to 2GB. I got the RAM from newegg.com for $110 per 1GB stick. I have a friend with the se 1.67 Powerbook and he has the 128 card in his. I cant tell the diffrence to tell you the truth. Keep in mind most games for OS X are made to work on the lower end ibbok, emacs and imacs as well. All have less video RAM then 128MB.

That and I like getting mine from the Apple store and didnt want to wait 10 days for it.
QUOTE Thanks
macman88

macman88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram

i would defiantly go with the 128. its $90 more (edu) but worth it in the long run.
QUOTE Thanks
Redbrick

Redbrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoh2049
Boy I wish laptops were as upgradable as their desktop counterparts. If only there could an industry standard connection/module for video cards, sound cards, etc....that would be sweet. I would plug in a Geforce 6800 Ultra 512 video card...but the laptop would probably ask me to shut down or plug in for power 1 minute after I started my system. That would be funny.

To answer your question though...I recommend the 128 Vram...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tiger Hangs | I Just Got My New Powerbook!!! »