New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

just bought a new powerbook!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrianH

Hi everyone, just went to the apple store in Charlotte, NC which is about an hour and half of a drive and bought myself a new powerbook.
The machine is built extremely well and the people at the apple store were great.
1.5 ghz 12 inch screen, superdrive.
I'm typing on it right now, and to install my DSL all i did was plug in the ethernet cord, what a breeze.
I'm loving it!
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Congrats!

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

woooooo!!!!!
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Acill

Acill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2

Nice! I just picked me up a new 15" yesterday. I have a dual 2.5 G5 too and an ibook for another night. I sold it though and need to mail it off.
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! You'll enjoy it!

The keyboard on the 12" is full size right? [same as 15 and 17?] Is the only difference is that it is not backlit on the 12"?

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Correct you are Toyota.... Kind of a bummer.... I was thinking about picking up a 12"... I always liked showing that feature off on my other PB. Although the sheer cool factor of how small that PB is should more than make up for it.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsboy18
I always liked showing that feature off on my other PB. Although the sheer cool factor of how small that PB is should more than make up for it.
Truth. I love to turn the lights out when someone is over and have the backlight all the way up. It looks amazing to say the least.

But yes, the 12" should look real nice with it's size.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks
BrianH

Yep, its a full sized keyboad and the 12" is very compact and feels great. No backlit keyboard though, but i know where my home keys are
QUOTE Thanks
SErgini0

the only reason i got the 15" was because of the backlit keyboeard. Else I would have bought the 12".
QUOTE Thanks
BrianH

I feel no regrets for waiting for a new powerbook. Thanks for the advice to just go ahead and buy one and be happy. Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

congrats on that, you will enjoy it.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Sweet. I'm gonna get one of those some day...some day. Have fun.
QUOTE Thanks
untoastytoast

Post some pictures of it. congrats btw.
QUOTE Thanks
meatychi

Welcome aboard!

ENJOY!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The last of the G4 Powerbooks | airport and wi-fi »