New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

How much does your battery stick out?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johndierks

I got a 12" refurbed powerbook a few weeks ago. If i run my finger around the seam where the battery and the powerbook meet, I can feel that the battery is slightly higer than the body of the machine. No big deal. My problem is that my powerbook rocks a little on a flat surface, and I think this may be the cause. When it's sitting on a flat surface if I push on left front corner the whole machine rocks a little (maybe 16th of an inch). The reason this is a problem is that my left hand sits on the palmrest and the machine tips back and forth while I type, which as I'm sure you can imagine is quite annoying. Is the battery the problem? Is the body of the machine warped? Should I take it to the apple store and have them look at it? Would they even help?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

my 15" doesnt stick out at all. i would try the apple sstore and ask them
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
my 15" doesnt stick out at all. i would try the apple sstore and ask them
Yeah, i agree, my 15" battery doesnt stick out either.
QUOTE Thanks
johndierks

Ok, I know these pictures suck, but I don't have the proper camera to take pictures of a tolerance so small.

To give you some idea, where the battery shell is furthest from the computer, I lined up the edge of sheets of paper until the the paper and the battery were flush it took 6 or 7 sheets of notebook paper on the computer to make the top of the paper flush with the top of the battery. See bad diagram.

So this is abnormal? Will apple fix whatever is bad (computer, battery, whatever)? Even though it was a refurb unit?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

definitely go to the apple store with it. i have actually heard of people bringing a refurb back to apple and getting a new pb returned since it wasnt something they could just fix but im not sure if they are true but apple should definitely fix that
QUOTE Thanks
johndierks

I called apple care today, and I'm sending it back. Will the same machine come back? Will they just swap the hard drives? A portable seems like it would take more time to fix it then they said it would take.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

im not sure what they will do with you. how long did they say it would take and how far are you from the place you are sending it to
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Nah in my opinion no need to go, my sticks out the same it is because they are the new ones, these guys have the older PB's) They haven't gotten all the bugs out yet I already called and asked about mine (in the 15) (and they said all of them do that) The 17 has had these same problems for awhile from what I heard... really no big deal, it's not like they are about to fall out. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Question Of Memory | San Jose, CA students the latest to get iBooks »