New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

4GB USB flash drive not recognized by MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

I have a 4GB usb flash drive in FAT format that has a couple of files in it. When I plug it into my MBP Snow Leopard it doesn't show up on desktop or finder, so I can't access it. I used Dish Utility and it showed up there. There's nothing wrong on the hardware side. In fact I also have another USB flash with 512 and 1GB, and they work like normal when I plug them in.

Any solution or suggestion as to where I can find the solution?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

If you have the files stored elsewhere, try reformatting the drive

l
Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmac11 View Post
If you have the files stored elsewhere, try reformatting the drive
Thanks! It worked =) It came pre-formated in FAT32. Since it's new, I only have one small file. Used my HP laptop to reformat in same FAT32. My MBP now recognized it. Wonder why the initial problem...?
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Awesome My 16GB flash drive had the same problem. I guess mac's don't like the factory format.

l
Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Music Transfer Using Ipod | How to update OSX ? »