New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New To Mac's Need Help!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sweetcharge

Sweetcharge is on a distinguished road

ok so i bought a macbook (currently on my borthers computer) and i don't know how to get the wifi icon like people normaly have. idk if you have to buy it or download it i just want my macbook to be useful not worthless. any anwsers i really want to use my macbook!!! first time having one. also can anyone tell me step by step on how to get the wifi icon and how to connect it to my router. i have lynksys btw.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If you click on the Apple, then go to system preferences>network you will see show airport status in menu bar, which answers your first question.
Next up, if you go to assist me tab, and then click assistant, it will walk you through the process.
QUOTE Thanks
Sweetcharge

Sweetcharge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
If you click on the Apple, then go to system preferences>network you will see show airport status in menu bar, which answers your first question.
Next up, if you go to assist me tab, and then click assistant, it will walk you through the process.

ok so you don't need to buy the airport base station thingy?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

By that, I'm guessing you mean the airport extreme or express.
You can, and they are great quality.
If your router is a wireless router, that will do the job just fine.
I use a dynalink wireless router and have no problems with it.
Did you try the steps above?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i have a creaky hinge on my 3 month old mbp | Service Battery? »