Pre-Unibody Macbook Pro Trackpad too Sensitive!!!
    I have the pre-unibody MBP, and when I'm scrolling up and down on a website, it keeps on zooming in and out. I use firefox and have 10.6.3 installed. I've asked my friends to try to make sure it wasn't just me, and when they scroll up and down it does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem? I've searched and can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. Even when I disable the pinch to zoom option in system preferences, it still does it!

One nice thing about Firefox is that it is highly configurable.

Try this: type about:config up in the URL bar and search for the following settings.

mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines - toggle this one to false

mousewheel.withnokey.numlines - modify the value on this one to 3 or less until the scroll speed is where you want it

(I think this is what you're asking)

After reading this again, I'm thinking you might be using a three finger swipe which I believe is a zoom function. Use a two finger swipe vertically or horizontally to scroll.

While using the two finger swipe vertically to scroll, it keeps on zooming in and out as it scrolls up and down. I tried changing the mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines to false but it still kept doing it. Do you think it's a hardware problem?

Down Under :D
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Are you holding your fingers together while you are scrolling? ....if not, this explains the zooming!

Anyone else having this issue? I have the pinch zoom option turned off and it still zooms while I scroll.

Thread Information