New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Pre-Unibody Macbook Pro Trackpad too Sensitive!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ryankk49

ryankk49 is on a distinguished road

I have the pre-unibody MBP, and when I'm scrolling up and down on a website, it keeps on zooming in and out. I use firefox and have 10.6.3 installed. I've asked my friends to try to make sure it wasn't just me, and when they scroll up and down it does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem? I've searched and can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. Even when I disable the pinch to zoom option in system preferences, it still does it!
QUOTE Thanks
joec1101

joec1101 is on a distinguished road

One nice thing about Firefox is that it is highly configurable.

Try this: type about:config up in the URL bar and search for the following settings.

mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines - toggle this one to false

mousewheel.withnokey.numlines - modify the value on this one to 3 or less until the scroll speed is where you want it

(I think this is what you're asking)

After reading this again, I'm thinking you might be using a three finger swipe which I believe is a zoom function. Use a two finger swipe vertically or horizontally to scroll.
QUOTE Thanks
ryankk49

While using the two finger swipe vertically to scroll, it keeps on zooming in and out as it scrolls up and down. I tried changing the mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines to false but it still kept doing it. Do you think it's a hardware problem?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Are you holding your fingers together while you are scrolling? ....if not, this explains the zooming!
QUOTE Thanks
ryankk49

Anyone else having this issue? I have the pinch zoom option turned off and it still zooms while I scroll.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how MBP can connect to PC with w2k | Powerbook G4 LCD is fuzzy and pink... »