New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Need help reformatting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BergSauce

BergSauce is on a distinguished road

Hey guys need a little help.

I just bought a used macbook pro and am trying to reformat it with a fresh copy of os x. Problem is I only have disks that were intended for a macbook air (not sure if that's a problem but let me explain what is happening).

Whenever I log in and load the os x installation disk, it asks me to reboot. When I reboot it just freezes on a black screen and stays there until I turn the power off.

Any ideas? Or am I going to have to buy os x.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Welcome to Mac forums
The discs you are using won't work..... You need the discs that came with that machine, or retail versions.
What you can do is spend $30 and get yourself Snow Leopard and you are good to go.
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Buy Snow Leopard here.
QUOTE Thanks
BergSauce

BergSauce is on a distinguished road

ok thanks guys, i was just hopin to save as much money as possible, i got a sweet deal on this lappy
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

$30 is not a big spend, infact, it is a bargain for what you are getting, and an investment!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help Choosing Ram | Using Time Machine backups? »