New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Take care of your battery & it will take care of you...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I've been noticing more and more that people are coming on here with the latest MBP and complaining about how the battery life is decreasing so drastically, and so early in it's life.

They wonder if my battery is already at just 88% capacity after just 75 cycles, how the heck is it gonna last for 1,000 cycles with a great charge? This is B.S. Apple!!

And yet...I'm willing to bet that just about all of these problems (other than the actual faulty batteries which are rare) are related to the user...as usual.

Keep your battery in good shape, and it will take care of you. I'm far from 1,000 charge cycles, but I'm willing to bet that you can go past that with your original batter still holding a pretty decent charge.

Personally, I do two calibrations per month. Do it properly!!! I also make sure to keep my MBP out of very cold conditions...although not in Texas we have spring here...so that's not a problem

I think the battery has held up pretty darn good so far eh?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 12.03.52 PM.png (44.9 KB, 120 views)

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Yes i have seen the same with people coming in say the same. My Battery is 45cycles for just on 10mths old. The reason being is i keep it on AC for 27/4 and only use it off the cord if i really need to.
My Battery stats are quite good, mind you i havnt once calibrated it yet. I know i should but my philosophy is dont try to fix something that isnt broke ..

TM

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
austin77

austin77 is on a distinguished road

How do you get to that screen? (New mac user, sorry!!!)
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin77 View Post
How do you get to that screen? (New mac user, sorry!!!)
No need to be sorry!

It's a 3rd party application called Coconut Battery which you can download and very easily use here --> coconut-flavour.com - [coconutBattery 2.6.6]

Enjoy!

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
austin77

austin77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatApple View Post
No need to be sorry!

It's a 3rd party application called Coconut Battery which you can download and very easily use here --> coconut-flavour.com - [coconutBattery 2.6.6]

Enjoy!
right on!! Thanks a lot!!
QUOTE Thanks
@iph0ne

@iph0ne is on a distinguished road

what do you mean by calibrations?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iph0ne View Post
what do you mean by calibrations?
Apple Support - Calibrating your battery

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

You beat me TM
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Only seconds mate You wrote more letters lol

QUOTE Thanks
6string

Quote:
I will never understand this mentality that seems to feel that computers OUGHT to be complicated and difficult and that if they're not we should deliberately make them more so.
This can be said for more than just computers!
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

After eleven months of use, using my battery almost every day, i have 62 load cycles. I calibrate my battery once a month. This is my baby.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

2 1/2 years with the same battery on my MBP. With 2 completed calibrations, I'm still topping off at 100% battery capacity!
And yes I am bragging!

Good info... http://discussions.apple.com/thread....readID=1764220

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
junwen

junwen is on a distinguished road

This is help a lot actually, tks!
I just get my MBP about 3 weeks time, so this thread give me a good tips for take care of my MBP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNAP5.jpg (42.3 KB, 33 views)

The Love Never Left, you just simply forget, but I do remember!
QUOTE Thanks
ddehr026

ddehr026 is an unknown at this point

over 700 cycles
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-04-09 at 4.15.45 PM.png (50.7 KB, 38 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need More RAM for my MBP | New Hard Drive: Restoring using Time Machine »