New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Questions on hooking up to TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

user242

user242 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

First post here! Anyway, I currently have a older Macbook 10.4.1 purchased in 2006 I believe.

I've recently started playing Netflix movies on my Macbook with great success and was wondering how or if it is possible to hook it up to play on my HD flat screen TV? My M.B. does not have a HDMI output which would have been the easiest way to do this probably.

Any suggestions on how I can do this if it is even possible?

Thanks much in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Welcome to Mac-Forums!

Yes, it's possible... depending on your television. Please read through this thread Connecting your Mac to your TV for details and be sure to read it thoroughly because many issues are brought up and answered in there.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Mate welcome and as you havnt got a answer yet go and have a read of this thread by bob Hooking your Mac up to your TV. I personally havnt a answer for you but that is a very informative thread and well worth a read

Ahh 2mins MYmacROX but same outcome
TM

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
user242

user242 is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot guys! I will check out those links and hopefully come to a good conclusion.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by user242 View Post
Thanks a lot guys! I will check out those links and hopefully come to a good conclusion.

Cheers!
If you cant find a answer and have a specific question, remember to return to M-F and we will see if we can answer for you

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help!! Macbook can't detect external hard disk! | Can't downloading certain things on MBP »