New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Clean Install of snow leopard using remote disc?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jdawgg

jdawgg is on a distinguished road

My dvd drive is busted, so I'm attempting to use remote disc to install snow leopard on my macbook pro (running 10.5.5).

There doesn't seem to be a clean install option without running the snow leopard disc from boot. Is there any way that I can run the install disc from boot via remote disc so I can run a clean install?
I tried restarting my computer and holding down the alt/option key, which showed the only available boot drive as my macbook pro's internal hard drive.

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« First Post - Questions on upgrading MacBook HD | is this normal ? »