New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Symbols coming off of left side of Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Eminem

Eminem is an unknown at this point

I have recently noticed that the symbols like the one by where the magsafe charger plugs in and where the ethernet cable plugs in are fading. Is this a problem or is it just from use? I'm pretty sure It won't have any effect on my Macbooks performance right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I'm assuming you are talking about the printed label symbols near your Mac ports? If they are fading it's probably because you are touching the symbols when plugging cables in and out which will slowly fade it with all the rubbing. It's not a cause for concern unless you don't know which port is for what.

Even so most cables have a unique shape so they won't fit into a different type of port. Also if you still have your owner's manual then it will tell you what port is for what type of connections.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Wash your hands more often. It's the oils on your hands that is causing this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A different "my mac won't start" | Need Help with Keyboard Controls »