New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Need Help with Keyboard Controls

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mosleyx2003

Mosleyx2003 is on a distinguished road

I just got a keyboard cover for my MacBook. I was testing around typing to see if it slowed my typing and somehow messed something up. Some keys are doing other functions now. For ex: the volume up key now brings up my widgets and the volume down hides everything on the screen to show the desktop.

If anyone knows what to do to restore the key bindings to default please let me know because this is a bit annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
Mosleyx2003

Mosleyx2003 is on a distinguished road

also, there is some weird looking black box around windows and also on firefox around the red button at the top left to close the window. just including that if that helps.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You've activated some Universal Access controls by accident. Go into the Universal Access system preference panel and turn them off.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Symbols coming off of left side of Macbook | upgraded HDD and now can't install bootcamp??? »