New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mini display port to hdmi???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GrandDesign

GrandDesign is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP Unibody, 2.8 ghz, 4gb ram, 500 gb HD, Iphone 4, 16gb

I just purchased a 17" macbook pro. Also I just purchased a 47" phillips 1080p hd television. The question is what adapters or cables will i need exactly, to watch full hd dvds on my tv using my macbook pro. please include links if possible. or just to use my macbook pro on my tv.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Check out this thread. It should answer all your questions Connecting your Mac to your TV

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
JB Mad Mac

JB Mad Mac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini c2d 2.0 & ibook 1.33 1.5gb ram

heres what i did to connect my mac mini intel 2.0 to my 32 LCD tv...

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

i love monoprice! theyre the only ones that make this cable (from one port to another, all the rest are adapters) i didnt want any unnecessary cables lying around, so this worked perfect!!! looks beautiful on my tv!

good luck..

**Mac Mini C2D 2.0 hooked up to my 32' LCD TV**
**12' iBook 1.33 with 1.5gb ram, everyday netbook. **Both Running 10.5.8**
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Mad Mac View Post
heres what i did to connect my mac mini intel 2.0 to my 32 LCD tv...

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

i love monoprice! theyre the only ones that make this cable (from one port to another, all the rest are adapters) i didnt want any unnecessary cables lying around, so this worked perfect!!! looks beautiful on my tv!

good luck..
I got one those and it works great on the Panasonic 42 plasma slight overscan but thats do to the TV.
QUOTE Thanks
GrandDesign

Did this cable also transfer sound?...I've read that alot of these cables will not transfer sound.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No, it doesn't.

You must provide the info requested in the link posted by Slydude above for anyone to accurately assess your cabling requirements.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
azunderg

azunderg is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.55/Macbook Pro 2.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDesign View Post
Did this cable also transfer sound?...I've read that alot of these cables will not transfer sound.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
QUOTE Thanks
GrandDesign

Thank you I actually purchased this set up before seeing the link you provided and it works perfect. I suggest this setup for anyone with the issue i had.

17" MBP Unibody, anti-glare, 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd.
Iphone 4, 16GB,
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook DVD player stops after 10 mins | Wireless/airmac »