New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro screen won't turn on and I think it's the video card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zeeman48

zeeman48 is on a distinguished road

Last night, as with every night, I placed my MacBook Pro standing upright in its pouch in my backpack, after a day of use. This morning, I woke up to find that my screen refuses to turn on. I tried waking it from sleep, rebooting, resetting the power management chip, and presently have it sitting in my room, totally off. I suspect the issue is with the graphics card, because the screen stays totally blank, even though I can hear the boot up sound and the fans whirring, and when I connected it to the monitor in my room, nothing was displayed.

I'd really appreciate any help with this, because I use this laptop for school work, and spring break is almost over.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Magsafe help! | DATA RECOVERY from dead HD »