New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mac Book Pro Remote missing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

deefadog

deefadog is on a distinguished road

Hi al, i just upgraded my old Mac Book Pro 17" and there was no remote for it in the box, my old one had one and it works with the new one, so my question is, do the new Mac Book Pro's ship with them or do you have to buy them separately?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

You have to buy them separately. Remotes haven't been included for several years now.
QUOTE Thanks
deefadog

Thanks, the tight buggers! You'd think they would through in the remote for an £1800 laptop! I got my old one anyway, but good to know.

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefadog View Post
Thanks, the tight buggers! You'd think they would through in the remote for an 1800 laptop! I got my old one anyway, but good to know.

Thanks again!
That's why your laptop cost 1800...if you wanted a remote included...it would have cost you 1810!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
deefadog

LoL.

Also while i am here is there a knack to opening these, mines really hard, maybe i have extra strong magnets LoL
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefadog View Post
LoL.

Also while i am here is there a knack to opening these, mines really hard, maybe i have extra strong magnets LoL
Practice makes perfect!

Be glad it has strong magnets...otherwise you would be posting a thread complaining that it opens too easy!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Really.... no remote anymore?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My screen | how do I hook my new MacBook Pro to my HD TV? »