New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro Battery Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kartikk71

kartikk71 is on a distinguished road

Mac Battery - I.jpg

Mac Battery - III.jpg

Mac Battery - II.jpg

I bought a Macbook Pro around 4 years ago. While under warranty, the macbook pro battery just bulged and apple replaced it. Around 2 weeks back I had my macbook on my lap and was working on it. Felt a bulge with a thud sound. Guess what? It has happened again. Apple says this is very normal. Wanted to find out if this is something expected or am I just one of those guys out of luck and well conned!!
I got a diagnostics done on the macbook pro from the apple service center and they told me there is nothing wrong with the motherboard. My worry is in the last 3 years this battery bulge issue has happened twice.

I am still using Os X 10.4.11 which pretty much serves my purpose in the classroom.

Currently I dont want to risk buying another battery lest that also fail like this one.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Welcome to Mac Forums.....
I don't know who from Apple told you that this is very normal, as it's most certainly not!
I think that you've just had bad luck.
Anyway, I would definitely be calling Apple, even though you are well and truely out of warranty, and explaing the situation, and getting an email address for corresspondence, and that you can send pictures.
I believe even though it could be really bad luck, that it could be something very wrong with your Mac, that may have been overlooked when it was repaired.
This can be a major fire hazard, and Apple should look at this with no charge incurred by you!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting Macbook Pro with LCD Monitor | 3 Partitions »