Exclamation Macbook - Logic board replaced - New Issues
    Hey so I have a nearly 2 year old 13" MacBook (2.4gHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD). The screen recently went to that weird blank stage. I assumed the backlight went. My personal "Mac Genius" said I should try resetting the PRAM (didn't help) and then eventually took it in to Apple.

They replaced the inverter cable (didn't help)....then the whole display (didn't help)...finally replaced the Logic board. **side note they replaced top casing as well.

Now when I run multiple applications or intensive application my keystrokes and trackpad input is sluggish (really really sluggish) and I keep getting the old beach ball popping up. It gets bad enough that I have to shut everything down and just do one thing at a time.

Is this a new problem created from the servicing from Apple Service? An issue with a refurbished logic board (as I am sure they wouldn't just put in a new one)? Or an issue with the top casing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Down Under :D
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    They would have put in a new one, as it's quicker, easier, and cheaper for them to put in new ones then to have someone repair old ones.
    As for the new problems you are now having, if they weren't happening before the repair, I would take it back to Apple (as I am assuming that you have Applecare!).

check to see if all of your ram is being recognized. maybe when they reinstalled the logic board one of the ram sticks didnt seat properly.

Hey thanks for the replies!

My activity monitor last night read that 1.3 GB of my RAM was "wired" or "active" and said the remaining was "inactive" and "free". This would mean that both RAM units are recognized and working correct?

Thanks again,
    13" MB
    2.4 gHz

yeah man, i would take it back to apple. explain the situation.

Thread Information