New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

when to install ram?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

justin1083

so i'm getting a new powerbook tomorrow and i already have the extra ram...i'm wondering when to install it? is it ok if i put it in before i turn the computer on for the first time, or should i get everything set up first. does it make a difference? thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Shouldn't make any difference but I would start it up and make sure everything is working first.

QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

just get it stuck in otherwise you will proberbly not install the RAM for a few days lol
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflexion
just get it stuck in otherwise you will proberbly not install the RAM for a few days lol

do it before you start it, otherwise you might get a bad impression since the powerbooks ship with way less ram that needed to run most programs.
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

I'd boot it up, make sure everything works okay before you install the chip.

Just in case it is bad and you get a system crash or other problem associated with it, you'll be able to diagnose pretty quick having known that it worked perfectly before installing the extra RAM. It happens.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCT
I'd boot it up, make sure everything works okay before you install the chip.

Just in case it is bad and you get a system crash or other problem associated with it, you'll be able to diagnose pretty quick having known that it worked perfectly before installing the extra RAM. It happens.
Completly agree with this statement. Make sure everything is in working order from apple before adding your own stuff to the computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need SOme tech support here ! | New powerbook virex help »