New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

USB printer problem with MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fulllove999

fulllove999 is on a distinguished road

Hello bros,

I have problems with adding a USB printer into my MacBook Tiger 10.4.
Although the driver installation is good, when I select the printer which is recognized and displayed and then click Add, the computer turns into a Wait status and after about 30 seconds, it comes back to normal but nothing added, I don't see any printer in the printer list.

This is the second USB printer on which I have problem. It is new and runs well with other computers.

Do you have any solutions ?
Thanks bros !
QUOTE Thanks
bboyreason

bboyreason is an unknown at this point

what happens if you have it plugged in and you try to print something?
QUOTE Thanks
fulllove999

yes, the printer is detected. It prints a good test page itself when I unplug it from computer.

Any suggestion is welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
fulllove999

Sorry, I misunderstood your question...

As the printer is not added successfully and then not displayed in the printer list, I cannot select it to print for example a document from Word.
QUOTE Thanks
bboyreason

bboyreason is an unknown at this point

keep it plugged into a usb port and restart the comp
QUOTE Thanks
RadarP3C

RadarP3C is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.66GHz, OS 10.6.2, iPad2(64G)

Have you checked with the printer manufacturer for the latest printer driver/software?

I just went through trouble shooting a new printer set up about a month ago. The printer said it came with software for OS 10.6 but it still would not work as advertised. Contacted their techs and downloaded updated software and I was good to go.
QUOTE Thanks
fulllove999

Thanks bros, I will try as you indicated and come back with the result

Cheers,
QUOTE Thanks
fulllove999

Hi bros,

I tried to restart the computer as well as to install new driver downloaded on the Epson's site, also with Gimp driver but the problem is always the same.

I think it is caused by the Mac system itself. I want to restore the system but my system disk is not lost...

Could you help me please ?
Thanks a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
fulllove999

sorry, I mean my system disk is lost
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

You could ring Apple online number>spare parts, and they may be able to send you replacement grey system discs that came with your Mac for a low cost.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buying a mac | Macbook won't power on with battery »