New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Upgrading macbook pro to ssd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oddtimer

oddtimer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD

So recently my MacBook Pro's (late 2008 model) hard drive has been sounding terrible when accessing files and just in general, like the bearings are on there way out. Since my warranty for a new hard drive has expired, I was thinking about just upgrading to an SSD. Has anyone tried this? and suggestions on what to buy? any good youtube links? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

I replaced the hard disk in my old Powerbook 3400 with an Addonics CF>ATA adaptor and love it. I've got twin 16GB CF cards inside it now. Silent, quick, and it saves a ton of battery power :p
QUOTE Thanks
Miller_

Miller_ is on a distinguished road

it's a very worthy upgrade. Because of fast access times, it generally makes your computer very nippy! Just mare sure you buy an established brand like samsung, ocz, intel etc.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

check out Data Upgrades for your Apple MacBook Pro 2.53GHz (15-inch nVidia Graphics) - Late 2008 at OtherWorldComputing.com
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Did it to my Late 2008 MBP with a 128GB SSD. Best upgrade I've ever done. No application icon takes more than one bounce to open.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook pro liquid damage advise sought | Restarted MBP, Will Now Only Boot With Black Screen »