New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

2 safari questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chilipickle

chilipickle is on a distinguished road

Hi - Im a new mac user. 2 questions:

1. When browsing the internet using safari, images are automatically resized to fit the browser window. You are then given the option to zoom to the full image size. How do I turn the resizing off? I do not want images to automatically resize to fit the window.

2. Are there shortcut keys to automatically switch between safari sessions? If I have 4 open, are there keys that I can press to toggle between them? Command-Tab toggles between applications, but not safari sessions..

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hey chilli welcome ... The resizing has passed me by atm cant for the life of me pick it out of the ole grey matter ...
But to toggle the tabs use this shortcut ..

cmd~shift~L/R Arrow

And for a full list of Safari shortcuts have a look HERE.
Worth copying and making a sticky on your desktop until you get accustomed to them

Hope it helps and someone will chime in with the resizing

Enjoy your new Mac

Cheers

EDIT : have a look at SafariGaurdian, as this might help with resizing ...
Dont take it as gospel though

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

To switch between windows, push Command+~.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
To switch between windows, push Command+~.
??? doesnt do it for me ole mate cmd ~ dosent register anything what so ever

cmd-shift-L/R arrow does ...

Am i missing something lol

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
chilipickle

chilipickle is on a distinguished road

thanks guys.

I know how to turn the image resizer off in IE.. there has to be a way in Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipickle View Post
thanks guys.

I know how to turn the image resizer off in IE.. there has to be a way in Safari.
Well i cant remember and i have googled, but if my mate vansmith above me didnt answer the resizing question, there probably isnt a simple solution

Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
YourMacShow

YourMacShow is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Where do I Start! How about Latest Purchase iPad 32gig WiFi, 27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro,No more Room?

Hi There, You will learn to LOVE Safari. Try CMD and + and CMD and - that should do the trick. FYI, A ton of great safari Plug ins out there. Click to Flash one of the best! I will try to Find some links for ya in the AM Getting Late.

Dennis
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMacShow View Post
FYI, A ton of great safari Plug ins out there. Click to Flash one of the best!
Glims is a nice little add on ...
Just had a look and dl Cooliris and looks like a lot of fun nice to navigate around .. Not so much a plugin though

Cheers

MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

getting great stuff from this thread.... Awesome
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
??? doesnt do it for me ole mate cmd ~ dosent register anything what so ever

cmd-shift-L/R arrow does ...

Am i missing something lol
Works for me. I can switch between windows of the same application that way.

I can't help you with the image resizing thing. It looks as if there is no option to change this in Safari unless it's part of a plugin (I don't see it in Glims).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Loathe

Loathe is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP2.26/4GbRAM

Isn't this supposed to be in the OSX/Software room?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Elevator Stands | Help with connecting Macbook pro to a TV »