New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Super Drive - Problems playing DVD's

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrben2k8

mrben2k8 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB

Hi,

My MPB is really starting to wind me up now....

About 99% of the time I put in a DVD to watch a movie, you hear the drive boot up, it makes a few whirring sounds, then ejects the disc....

It does this with discs that have worked previously to now.

It has no problems burning DVDs, it just seems to kick up a stink when you try to watch a film.

What do I need to do... really annoying me now... as you can imagine...

Cheers,

Ben

mr.Ben
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'd say it's pretty obvious that something is wrong with the optical drive. You could try giving it a shot or two (JUST a shot or two!) of compressed air, otherwise you'll need to fix/replace the optical drive.

I use an external (firewire) superdrive when my laptop is home for exactly this reason -- my original built-in optical works fine, and I want to keep it that way.
QUOTE Thanks
mrben2k8

mrben2k8 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I'd say it's pretty obvious that something is wrong with the optical drive. You could try giving it a shot or two (JUST a shot or two!) of compressed air, otherwise you'll need to fix/replace the optical drive.

I use an external (firewire) superdrive when my laptop is home for exactly this reason -- my original built-in optical works fine, and I want to keep it that way.
laaaaaaame.

Cheers for your input.

Ben

mr.Ben
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How would i make sure i completely uninstaled a software on my macbook pro? | Would the upgrade be worth it? »