New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Keyboard Problems- HELP PLEASE :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

donDEEZY

donDEEZY is on a distinguished road

I did a password reset on my Macbook by using this process:
1. Reboot
2. Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
* mount -uw /
* rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
* reboot

Everything went smoothly and it brought me back to the welcome screen where your supposed to create your account and what not. But went I tried to type into the input fields (name, address, email etc.), it wouldnt type anything. Every time I try to type it would make a noise as if it knows im trying to type but nothing shows up. Seems as if the keyboard is locked or something. I know that the keyboard works because it worked fine before I did the reset n plus when I reboot hold apple+s, I can type in the terminal just fine. With that being said, does anyone know how to unlock my keyboard? Ugh this is so frustrating. Thanks to anyone that can help, appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Welcome to the Forum. There are much better ways to create a brand new admin account. But for now try - power on and insert the install disk and hold the C key - will it boot from the disk? If so install a new OS that way.
QUOTE Thanks
donDEEZY

donDEEZY is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the quick reply
Yes I tried inserting the disk, rebooting while holding c. But after I click on the disk to install, I get stuck at the grey loading screen with the apple and that ring keeps spinning. I tried letting load for about an hour and still nothing, so idk?
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

If u can connect it to another Mac with Firewire and start the faulty one in Target mode - power on then hold T key - you may be able to erase/reformat the HD using disk Utility on the operative mac. Then disconnect and use the install disk to do a re install of the OS.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Slow bootcamp boot to windows 7 after Optidrive removal | brothers *can u plz help me wats the difference in mb990 n mb466 »