Battery for 2005 MBP
    I'm looking to get a new battery for my Macbook Pro. Its a 2005 Model. Not sure if they have updated the battery system for MBP and don't wanna get the wrong one. Also any suggestions on where to go for one?

Apple charges double than what others are. Is it worth it to get it from them? Seems like no battery actually has decent reviews, including apple's which has even worse reviews than the 3rd party batteries.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by travisw View Post
    Apple charges double than what others are. Is it worth it to get it from them? Seems like no battery actually has decent reviews, including apple's which has even worse reviews than the 3rd party batteries.
    Um ... your own battery lasted five years, far longer than normal.

Does that sound "worse than 3rd party" to you?

Try to always bear this in mind: happy customers don't write reviews in forums to tell you how fine everything is going.

Apple charges about $119 for most batteries. The reputable third-party batteries (ie companies that actually exist and actually make batteries that are both safe and compatible with your model Mac) charge $85-99 generally. Not a huge difference.

If you want to check out a reputable third-party battery vendor, I suggest OWC or Newer Technology. Otherwise, go with Apple's own batteries.

Thread Information