New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

I need a matte screen Macbook Pro! I got a glossy need to get rid of.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the trees

the trees is on a distinguished road

I got right now is a 15.4 Inch Unibody MBP with 4 gigs ram and 2.4 GHz and 250 gig HD. I need a Matte screen though. My eyes are very sensitive. Anyone wanna buy it or at least trade me. Or does anyone got any idea on how to install or get a matte screen and install it on a mbp?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Welcome to Mac Forums
You posted in the wrong forum.
You should be in Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
As for your sitch, you can get a film to put on your screen which may also help you!
Reduce Glare on MacBook, iMac and Apple Cinema Displays with ClearCal Anti-Glare Film - RadTech Products
QUOTE Thanks
the trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Welcome to Mac Forums
You posted in the wrong forum.
You should be in Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
As for your sitch, you can get a film to put on your screen which may also help you!
Reduce Glare on MacBook, iMac and Apple Cinema Displays with ClearCal Anti-Glare Film - RadTech Products
Dude, this is amazing! But it's still not as good as a real matte screen right? I'm starting to do a lot of film editing and I need a matte screen. Do you have any other suggestions? Any other alternatives?

Btw I tried to post in classifieds but it wouldn't let me.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

This is the best product I could find which doesn't have the graininess of others....
Not as good, but a great alternative, as well as being a good screen protector.
The Matte screens are more susceptible to smudges, scratches and other damage.
I would still recommend posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of Mac Forums.
Otherwise, Ebay is going to be the option for you!
How old is your MBP?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

PS for what it will cost, it really couldn't hurt to try it before rushing out and selling your machine.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the trees View Post
Dude, this is amazing! But it's still not as good as a real matte screen right? I'm starting to do a lot of film editing and I need a matte screen. Do you have any other suggestions? Any other alternatives?
I've read reviews of several matte films and they don't seem to be as good as the real thing. There's definitely different quality levels of matte. I've used many good and bad matte screens in my life time. It will depend on how picky you are. The graininess is a common complaint of those matte films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the trees View Post
Btw I tried to post in classifieds but it wouldn't let me.
I don't believe you can do so unless you have been on this forum long enough. There are several places you can sell off your used computers. Craig's List and eBay are just two. There are pros and cons about using either.
QUOTE Thanks
the trees

Quote:
This is the best product I could find which doesn't have the graininess of others....
Not as good, but a great alternative, as well as being a good screen protector.
The Matte screens are more susceptible to smudges, scratches and other damage.
I would still recommend posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of Mac Forums.
Otherwise, Ebay is going to be the option for you!
How old is your MBP?
bought it last December. Its like brand new.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Then selling it should be really easy, and return you most of your money back, but I would still try out that product before going through the hassle of selling it.
QUOTE Thanks
the trees

Quote:
Then selling it should be really easy, and return you most of your money back, but I would still try out that product before going through the hassle of selling it.

Why didn't you mention that to me in the first place instead of the other thread?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Because I didn't think of it until an hour later, and I saw you there in the other thread!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP Hard Drive Upgrade | disk permissions error »