New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Where Can I Find Another Installation Disk If I Lost Mine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sweetcharge

Sweetcharge is on a distinguished road

Hi, it's me again. ok so i bought my friends macbook but he said he lost his installation disk? is there anyway i can a hold of another one or do i have to buy 1? also thanks for the people who helped me on the last post
QUOTE Thanks
techound1

Location: Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come visit me --->
techound1 has a spectacular aura about

Ebay is probably your best shot, but be sure to buy the set for your specific machine. Your other option is to call the applecare folks (even though you're not under apple care) - I think they'll run you $20 or $30.
QUOTE Thanks
Sweetcharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by techound1 View Post
Ebay is probably your best shot, but be sure to buy the set for your specific machine. Your other option is to call the applecare folks (even though you're not under apple care) - I think they'll run you $20 or $30.
Whats the Disk Called? i'm used to windows so im new to Mac's
QUOTE Thanks
techound1

Location: Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come visit me --->
techound1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcharge View Post
Whats the Disk Called? i'm used to windows so im new to Mac's
MacBook Installation Disc. It will be gray and come with an applications disc. Make sure it's the one for the specs on your Macbook. If you're calling AC, give them the serial number and they can hook you up.
QUOTE Thanks
Sweetcharge

Well, i really haven't bought the computer yet. Any ideas what place they might have one? i saw one on ebay for 47.95 bucks called

Macbook OS X 10.4.8 TIGER DVD's

Is This Compatible With Mac ( he siad he bought his in 2007)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 'P' key gets stuck on keyboard-won't stop typing 'P'. | The iBook G3: Why was it such a piece? »