macbook or macbook pro
    I know this question has been asked 1000 times but i can't decide between the two. It would mostly be used for surfing the net and itunes. Also this will be my first mac. Thanks in advance

get the macbook pro, the unibody aluminum is much better. unless you have a low budget and then just get the cheapest macbook

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    If u will only do the basics then MB will do it - if u have the $$$ then the MBP will allow for future increase in activities and more intensive use, so go for MBP. Either way - Enjoy

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    As i have said in other forums with the same answer, you will get conflicting stories until the cows come home, when trying to ask "which one should i get".

It really comes down to you. You know what you want to do with it and you know your budget, and i presume you are intelligent, knowing you want to go , so you know the biggest and brightest will serve you better into the future.

I know and do understand your predicament, and im not trying to be a a**, but it is human nature to seek out a HUMAN response to your question, than reading a review or such somewhere. (who knows if they tell the truth)
    That being said IMO the MBP would win out in all circumstances. It puts you in better stead for the future and its a cool looking machine.
    But think carefully and only you can make your decision

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    If you're really using it "mainly for surfing and iTunes" then I'd suggest the iPad actually.

Thread Information