Thread: Faulty RAM?

Faulty RAM?

I have standard Macbook with 2 x 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM installed.

About 6 - 8 months ago i started looking for new RAM as i use a lot of intensive programs at the same time like Photoshop and i was starting to see a little too much of the colour wheel.

I had a look around and bought from what i read was supported RAM for my Mac (2 x 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 MEMORY MODULE).

Recently when i start up my Macbook, i have been getting a plain white screen where it keeps doing two loud beeps and then waits and does it again. As i couldn't start up after a while i looked for a solution. After trying quite a few solutions the only one i could find that worked was removing my RAM and installing the factory spec RAM. This is fine but i am starting to see a lot of slowing down and crashing programs again.

I assume my newer RAM is dead and there's nothing i can do? I suppose i just have to pay for more again? If so, what can i do to try and stop this happening except forking out for longer warranties? Get different RAM? Buy from another shop?

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I would think Crucial has a lifetime warranty on their RAM, so give them a call and let them swap you out for new RAM. I'm not sure what you mean by "standard MacBook" but I do know that a MacBook from 2007 (like mine) uses PC5300 but a MacBook from this year does not ... so maybe that's the problem.

Ok thanks, i'll give them a ring.

I've had my Macbook since August 2008 so it's about a year and a half old. It was just about the time Leopard starting coming on them i think.

Thread Information