New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Please help??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GrandDesign

GrandDesign is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP Unibody, 2.8 ghz, 4gb ram, 500 gb HD, Iphone 4, 16gb

I have decided to buy a MacBook Pro 17", and have decided to buy a refurbished product from the Apple website and purchase Applecare. Now my question is: Why does the 2.93 ghz processor laptop have 320gb hard drive space and the 2.8 ghz processon laptop has 500gb hard drive space? is the model that has the 2.93 ghz processon an older model? please help me because im about to buy a macbook pro literally within the next half hour!!!

Here is the website at which im buying MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
QUOTE Thanks
GrandDesign

I hope this doesnt turn out like every other Forum i've ever joined in my entire life were only people who have been a part of the forum ever get back answers.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I believe the 2.8 GHz is a newer model.... either of them are brilliant buys!

PS welcome to Mac Forums
... also, when there are people online people will come to the table and answer any questions you have.
Another point, in future when posting a thread, be specific as to what you are asking in the title, such as Buying MBP in the next hour, which one of the two?
People who post threads saying PLEASE HELP, URGENT, ETC are likely to get looked past!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

+1 to what 6string my mate said ... And give it more than 29mins before you start to bump things.

This isnt like ANY OTHER FORUM either

Welcome and enjoy

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Another point, in future when posting a thread, be specific as to what you are asking in the title, such as Buying MBP in the next hour, which one of the two?
People who post threads saying PLEASE HELP, URGENT, ETC are likely to get looked past!
I'm with ya Chief!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

I'll third the sentiment! Also, bumping in a half-hour when your first post was at ten minutes to two in the morning? Ouch.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Also, despite legends to the contrary, larding up your post title with extra ?s and !s rather than useful info doesn't help either. Just FYI.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Ok people.....
Thanks to all for the backup ....It really is appreciated, but I think we have made our point now!
To the OP, not trying to scare you off, just helps save time and get relevent help when stating the sitch, as well as making it clear for others googling or searching the Forum
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDesign View Post
I hope this doesnt turn out like every other Forum i've ever joined in my entire life were only people who have been a part of the forum ever get back answers.
As you can see you have gotten plenty of responses...although not for the reasons you expected.

Have a little more faith next time...no need to post what I quoted above!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

The more specific your title, the more likely people will take the time to read it. Making it vague and adding lots of questions marks will only make people scroll past it.
QUOTE Thanks
GrandDesign

Alright i get the point lol. I bought the 2.8 ghz mbp and cant wait for it to arrive. I almost bought another pc, but my neighbor has a mbp and he loves it so i decided to check it out. I currently run linux on my dell. My grandfather was a mac guy and my girlfriends father is a mac guy so i think this will be a good experience. thank you for all the replys, and sorry for being immature to forums. i will deffenetly be posting back here again since i have no idea about mac osx and im glad there is a place like this for me to get help.

Dillon
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Congrats on the new toy. They're always so much fun!!

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Congrats on your purchase...... and when it arrives check out Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics and run through all the videos! great for switchers, and Mac users alike
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-Jamie View Post
I'll third the sentiment! Also, bumping in a half-hour when your first post was at ten minutes to two in the morning? Ouch.

Only for you lot ways up there Jamie

@ the OP well done on the new purchase and we are glad we didnt scare you off at all.
Come back and join us

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro 15" hum/noise from speaker | Macbook showing mouse diagram at install. »