New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

How much would a MB really sell for??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

neonmac

neonmac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it

I went to the mac4sale / how much is my mac website ( totally forget the proper name ). I put in all the options for my macbook and it says it is only worth $570. Though it is only 3.4 weeks old and in mint condition. I have seen older MB's sell for way more than that. I have the new white MB and I thought I would ask you guys, how much it would really sell for. With the box, all instructions and dvd's.

Not selling it, just wondering the real price.

The only thing Microsoft could make that would not suck, would be a vacum.

www.obsessivemacdisorder.com
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

You sure you specified if it was the unibody MacBook or the older one?

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I really wish people wouldn't use sites like Mac4sale. Who are they to say what your Macbook is worth?? Are they the official Kelly Blue Book of Apple products?? NO!

Sorry not trying to flame.

Your Macbook is worth as much as someone is willing to pay and probably more than
$570 Ebay and Craigslist are much better place to get an idea of a price.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Also, I would like to point out that I think you meant "mac2sell". Mac4sale had nothing on calculating how much my Mac cost, Mac2Sell has the "guide to used Macs", allowing me to choose what my system has to come up with an estimated price.

But I agree with bargsbeer here, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

QUOTE Thanks
neonmac

neonmac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it

I got the latest MB with the white unibody. I bought it 3 weeks ago at bestbuy.
I was just in shock that they put such a low price on it. I see these on Amazon for way more than $570 and they seem to fly.

The only thing Microsoft could make that would not suck, would be a vacum.

www.obsessivemacdisorder.com
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmac View Post
I got the latest MB with the white unibody. I bought it 3 weeks ago at bestbuy.
I was just in shock that they put such a low price on it. I see these on Amazon for way more than $570 and they seem to fly.
I don't see how that's possible, I just entered in my MacBook on Mac2Sell, and my MacBook (specs under my avatar) is said to sell for $500. And it's almost 2 years old.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
Also, I would like to point out that I think you meant "mac2sell". Mac4sale had nothing on calculating how much my Mac cost, Mac2Sell has the "guide to used Macs", allowing me to choose what my system has to come up with an estimated price.

But I agree with bargsbeer here, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Thanks for the correction Cuhnool. I know everymac.com is another site that gives values of used Macs. If one of these sites was some how accredited or something like that I could see there point. But there not it's just a website.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

If it was me, I'd check Apple's refurb store to see what a similar machine is going for (only works if you have a newer machine) and price mine $50 or $100 below that. But I admit mac2sell is a better solution if you have a Mac older than a few months.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
If one of these sites was some how accredited or something like that I could see there point. But there not it's just a website.
They are apparently not, because I just entered the same specs as the new unibody white MacBook and it's quoted price on Mac2Sell is $630. It shows up as the aluminum unibody, but I don't think plastic over aluminum would have a +/- $400 difference.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
They are apparently not, because I just entered the same specs as the new unibody white MacBook and it's quoted price on Mac2Sell is $630. It shows up as the aluminum unibody, but I don't think plastic over aluminum would have a +/- $400 difference.

My point exactly the site is not accurate. Show me anywhere else you have a seen a Unibody sell for $650 ??? No where!
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Exactly. neonmac, if I were looking for a newly bought unibody white MB, I wouldn't expect anything less than the high $700s, on a lucky day at least.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
Exactly. neonmac, if I were looking for a newly bought unibody white MB, I wouldn't expect anything less than the high $700s, on a lucky day at least.
$700 would be a steal, Heck even $800 is still a good price for any unibody.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I sold my 18 month old white MB on Craig's List for $800 cash. 4GB, w/ AppleCare. Included the original packaging and everything inside. All in mint condition.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
I sold my 18 month old white MB on Craig's List for $800 cash. 4GB, w/ AppleCare. Included the original packaging and everything inside. All in mint condition.
how much does Mac2Sell say it's worth?
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Mac2Sell just told me my unibody aluminum macbook with 2GHz processor, 4GB of RAM, and 160GB hdd is worth 560 bucks. I wouldn't sell for any less than 900.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problems with heat MBP | MacBook Pro shuts down when inserting CD or DVD »