New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

A few photos of my fitted new Moshi MacBook Pro Keyboard cover

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mickyfin

Mickyfin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8

Received my new Moshi keyboard cover this morning, and I have to say, Im impressed, and temperature-wise, I have not noticed any increases as of yet.

Its fits almost 100% of the keyboard, with just the function keys being a little ill-fitting, but once fitted, it does not come off, or away from its fitting as easily as I imagined.

Here's a few photos of it fitted. Its washable too, which is a bonus.

QUOTE Thanks
LelandJLK

LelandJLK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram

I like it! Was it expensive? Can you notice any difference when you are typing? Ive been toying with the idea of getting one myself. In other words, is it worth getting?
QUOTE Thanks
Mickyfin

It cost me £20GBP delivered from a seller on eBay. Its worth investing in for sure, and yes, you know its there whilst typing, but for me, in a positive way, the keys are no longer slippy.
QUOTE Thanks
vince22SH™

vince22SH™ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..

interesting!!! i might look for a few more reviews before ordering it! thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Very nice!!!

Covers for the silver-key MBP's arent as nice, since the keys are so close together. But i wonder if they make one for the new wireless keyboards??

EDIT: Found these; iSkin ProTouch for Apple Aluminum Keyboard

QUOTE Thanks
nospeed411

nospeed411 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4

I bought an iSkin cover for my iPhone and was soooooooo not impressed. Their stiff looks great in pics but really fits like poo. I do not recommend their stuff at all
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospeed411 View Post
I bought an iSkin cover for my iPhone and was soooooooo not impressed. Their stiff looks great in pics but really fits like poo. I do not recommend their stuff at all
I kinda think the keyboard skins might be a different class though. But i'll take your advice on there iPhone skins. I just got an Otterbox defender, its bulky but keeps the phone very well protected.

QUOTE Thanks
Jrmiller

Jrmiller will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB

the moshi cover is awesome. might have to grab one. great find.

edit.

http://www.moshimonde.com/products.asp
they have a few really nice products
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Slick.
QUOTE Thanks
len0475

len0475 is on a distinguished road

That looks great! I wish they'd make one just for the home row keys and the space bar. lol On second thought, couldn't you just cut it? I mean, I really don't use the function keys all too often. I just hate that shiny look you get on the home row keys from all the oil from your fingers.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyfin View Post
...the keys are no longer slippy.
That is interesting to hear. The slippery keys are the biggest annoyance of the new MBP keyboards. I might try this product one day.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

After half an hour cleaning my Mackbook again today, it'd be nice if I could find one for this model (late 07 santa rosa) :/
QUOTE Thanks
ellenm

ellenm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD

I put the Moshi on my wishlist. I have cat with long fur and oh well, it gets on and around the keys. Plus dust. My only concern is I work with my MBP tilted and worried it might slip off the keys since there is no adhesive.

Twitter - simplyiphonenow
QUOTE Thanks
Mickyfin

I also have my MBP on a tilt using the Xtreme stand, and its fine, the keys actually hold it in place.
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

I think it's pretty classy how the Moshi logo on the spacebar looks just like the silkscreening on the rest of the keys!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to burn a video to a DVD-R Disc | Easier to clone my HD...or use Time Machine?? »