New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mac Mail Group Names - (A new question maybe???)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

falconfan

falconfan is on a distinguished road

OK guys, here's the issue and what I have tried to rectify it. (BTW- I have talked to 6 of the Apple Store Geniuses and all I have gotten is a lot of dandruff from all of the head scratching.)

I have a group in my mail contacts called "Distribution Group" and it has app. 100 email addresses in it.

New Message...click on BCC field and type in d-i-s enter...the BCC field is populated with all of the names in the group. Here is where it gets interesting. The names appear to be placed in a random order in the BCC field. They appear in this "random order" exactly the same way EVERY TIME! They are NOT listed in order of first name, last name, or email address. They are NOT listed in the order I physically placed them into the group. While they sit there in the BCC field I can grab them and drag them into what ever order I want to but the next time I address something to the group they are back in the repeating random order they always show up in. I always have 2-5 names to delete from the list before sending it, so scanning through all the names is quite cumbersome.

Ideas? I am missing something obvious (along with all the Apple Store techies)?

Many thanks in advance-
Jeff

Blue skies-
Jeff
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

This is actually something that I've not found a solution to either......
If someone has a way to correct this, I'm ready for the answer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Do I buy a MacBook Pro now? | What is the Keyboard Backlight attached to? »