Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Mar 08, 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13' 2010, iPhone 3GS 32GB Black
    Do I buy a MacBook Pro now?
    Hey Guys,

    This is my first post. As the title states, Do I buy a MacBook Pro 13' now?

    I've been a Windows user for about 15 years now. I've got to the stage where Im sick of getting viruses, trojans, and random error messages. It's time to move to a Mac.

    All I will use the computer for is, Internet/Email, Photo Editing, Recording my DJ mixes, Word Proccessing, and burning/watching DVDs/CDs (so I really need a Superdrive).

    I've heard rumours (as we all have) about the possible new MacBook Pro's with the new i3, i5 and i7 chips.

    I'm willing to purchase a MacBook Pro 13' now, but I would be quite annoyed if a new one came out very soon. Also Id be pretty gutted if the new Pro's dont have a Superdrive.

    I know that most people will say, if you need it now, buy it now.

    Will Apple UK and other UK suppliers (Comet, PC World etc) reduce the price of the 2009 13' MacBook Pro?

    Sorry for all the questions guys.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2

    Jrmiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 05, 2010
    Location
    Medina, OH
    Posts
    96
    Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
    i would wait. not to much longer till we hear word on what they are going to be coming out with.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Oct 22, 2007
    Location
    Tampa , FL
    Posts
    1,957
    Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    It's always a good time to buy a Mac. Why not buy a cheap Macbook now to hold you over in the meantime?

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Mar 08, 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13' 2010, iPhone 3GS 32GB Black
    Quote Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
    It's always a good time to buy a Mac. Why not buy a cheap Macbook now to hold you over in the meantime?
    There's no way I could afford both

  5. #5

    blackmac11's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 16, 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, Ontario
    Posts
    498
    Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
    Unless you absolutely need one, you should wait. The refresh should be released in the next couple weeks, especially now that apple has constrained supplies:

    'Tight' supplies reinforce likelihood of MacBook Pro update | MacNN

    l
    Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns

  6. #6

    firesidedog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 31, 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    384
    Specs:
    Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram 320gb. Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.
    If you have waited this long, why not stick it out.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #7

    Doug b's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 22, 2008
    Location
    Forest Hills, NYC
    Posts
    3,343
    Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Tell you what. Buy ME the MacBook Pro, and I'll let you know if it was a good idea or not.

    Deal ? I know.. I know ! I"m really smart that way.

    Doug

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Feb 19, 2010
    Location
    Roc NY
    Posts
    16
    Specs:
    15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..
    i was in the same boat as you few weeks back but i couldn't wait anymore! lol anyway just having the Macbook pro performance is a Big upgrade for me couldnt be more happier.... the speed, battery life etc. is more than enough for me...GL

  9. #9

    TomTomTuning's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 26, 2008
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    497
    Specs:
    15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
    I hate having the doubt in the back of my mind "What if a upgraded model comes out soon". But the best thing to do is find out around what date apple normally announces stuff, and wait till after that. (even that isnt 100%, but its prob. your best bet)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
  2. Noob help with MacBook pro - to buy or not to buy?
    By Big Dogg in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 01:29 AM
  5. To buy or NOT to buy a macbook pro?
    By optimusprime in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •