New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

couple questions about my macbook ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lakers213

lakers213 is on a distinguished road

please sorry for the noob questions this is my first mac . i usually use my macbook pro as a desk top so my question is. is it ok and is it safe to leave the macbook pro on sleep mode all the time?or should i shut down every night? and is it completely safe to leave it hooked up to the charger all the time?i now that at least 1 a week let it run on battery.i also have second monitor hooked up to my macbook pro with the vga adapter now my question is .would it be fine to all ways leave the vga adapter hooked up to the macbook pro?thanks for in advance .
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Yes to all of these. It's highly unusual to turn off a Macintosh. They just don't need to be shut down. Just make sure that the computer and the power brick have sufficient ventilation and don't get too hot. Heat, not "being left on" is the number one enemy of your portable computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« why the lit underneath my mbp keyboard doesnt lit up? | Bricked 13" MacBook »