New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

why the lit underneath my mbp keyboard doesnt lit up?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cwlu

cwlu is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbookpro 15" 3.05GHz 4GB DDR3 500HDD / IMac 27' i7 8GB DDR3 ram 2TB Sata HDD / Iphone4

y is the lit underneath my mbp keyboard doenst lit up as usual, just got my mbp on this jan 2010...it still lit up last few time during the startup....and it keep on lit on n off for several time during power saving mode...so, is that mean something went wrong with the lit underneath the keyboard?!...i did reboot for few times...and it just wont lit up.......y is this happening?!...i just got my mbp for 2 months..
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Give Apple a call! You're under warranty, so don't sweat it!
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

check your lighting condition when you're using the notebook. The keyboard light is design to turn off when not in low light.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin View Post
check your lighting condition when you're using the notebook. The keyboard light is design to turn off when not in low light.
Correct. This is most likely the situation. You have to be in a dimly-lit room to activate the backlit keyboard. Try turning the lights out and see if it works then. Post back if it still isn't working.
QUOTE Thanks
cwlu

Mac Specs: macbookpro 15" 3.05GHz 4GB DDR3 500HDD / IMac 27' i7 8GB DDR3 ram 2TB Sata HDD / Iphone4

thanks for the reply guys, i did tried on the F5 and F6 button, and it show this locked icon with it...and it just wont react to both button i pressed...
QUOTE Thanks
cwlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Correct. This is most likely the situation. You have to be in a dimly-lit room to activate the backlit keyboard. Try turning the lights out and see if it works then. Post back if it still isn't working.
last time it did lit on in a light room...but how come out of sudden it just seems to be deactivated...was i accidently press on any button to deactivated the keyboard backlit?!...i still new to mac
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If it lit up in a lit room, you may have had the speakers covered, where the light sensors are!
You didn't answer ....did you go to a dark room and try it, and if so is it working then?
QUOTE Thanks
cwlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
If it lit up in a lit room, you may have had the speakers covered, where the light sensors are!
You didn't answer ....did you go to a dark room and try it, and if so is it working then?
yea, it did lit up in the dark room, but i do remembered when i first received my mbp, the back lit underneath the keyboard just lit up whenever i start my mbp...just wondering y out of sudden, it just wont lit up...any button that can deactivate the sensors?
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

This is what happens when the last Apple 'book I owned was an iceBook. I didn't even know the things had light sensors in them now!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If it works it works, and in the new MBP, the sensor is located next to the isight camera on the screen unlike the old ones under the speaker grills.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you want it lit when you want instead of when the light sensor says to light it, grab Lab Tick.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
cwlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
If you want it lit when you want instead of when the light sensor says to light it, grab Lab Tick.
well, i did tried on the lab tick, it works well...just..i m kinda person who r into perfection, LOL...i just wanted to find out y is it there's a locked icon showing when i press the F5 n F6 button which is the adjustment button for the keyboard lit, is it the button only work when the lit is on? afterall, mac do really cost a hellish price...doenst want to be like...owning an it n yet doenst really know how to get along with it...anywhere, thanks for all the feeback, really appreciate it~
QUOTE Thanks
6string

the lock icon presents itself when the sensors tell it that it's too light for the backlight!
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

I'm thinking you may have your ambient light setting on. So when you stoop over close to the screen, the notebook sensor thinks it's in low light, thus the lit keyboard.

Maybe...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro - keyboard backlight, windows 7, bootcamp | couple questions about my macbook ? »