New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook 13" won't start up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xmarcusx

xmarcusx is on a distinguished road

I've had my MacBook 13" for over a year now has been going so sweet but today it wouldn't start, I turned it on and looked around and it had frozen on the desktop which I thought was weird because it has never frozen before, I turned it off by holding the power button and tried turn on again but it didn't start up, all that seemed to happen was the little led whight light would come on as if it were asleep than after about 20 seconds it would go off and nothing would happen after that, I've tried to take battery out wait a while nothing helpednot sure wat to do, not sure if its completely stuffed or just needs to be fixed or if there is a simple fix if anyone knows anything would help me heaps!! Anything will help please!! Thankyou
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

Try resetting the power systems. Remove the battery and unplug the mains. Press the power button and hold it for five seconds. Count "One-one-thousand" style to make sure you hold it long enough.

Replace the battery and plug the mains back in and try it. We'll go from there.
QUOTE Thanks
xmarcusx

Yea just tried that still doing the same thing, any idea what the problem might be? Serious or not serious?
QUOTE Thanks
Jamie-Jamie

Jamie-Jamie is a jewel in the roughJamie-Jamie is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS

If resetting the PMU won't do it? And... um...

Did you buy AppleCare? Please tell me you bought AppleCare.
QUOTE Thanks
xmarcusx

Not sure I don't think so lol, I'm thinking it's a fairly serious problem, I'm just going to buy new iMac instead get this one looked at later on because I'm not near an apple shop and won't be for a while.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« General Maintenence | Any advises to remove trackpad painting ? »