New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What's the Best Free Antispyware Program for iBook G4?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AuDioFreaK39

Hi,
I am new to the mac world, because I am a Windows user, but have the opportunity to set up and use an iBookG4. I want to know, however, what you thought the best free antispyware program is. I know for Windows, there are four of them that must be used simultaneously (Adaware SE, Spybot, MS Antispyware, Spyware Blaster), so if there is more than one program I must use, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

You won't need any adware/spyware protection for you Mac. There isn't any adware or spyware to worry about. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Quantumweb

Tru DAT.
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

At the moment there ain't....
QUOTE Thanks
jsb515

jsb515 is on a distinguished road

windows is like the matrix, forget what you know your in the mac world now.. no spyware
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

This thread made me smile :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
Abira_Kam

....... he.(laughing).... macos is the most protected os.....but ...widget is a good chance to infect mac ))))
QUOTE Thanks
Acill

Acill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abira_Kam
....... he.(laughing).... macos is the most protected os.....but ...widget is a good chance to infect mac ))))
Yeah thats why i havent used any new ones. 10.4.1 sort of fixed it. OS X now asks before it starts one for the first time.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

The best AntiSpyware tool that comes free with every new mac is OS X.

No Spyware. No Viruses. With included Firewall.

Don't bother with any anti-* programs, they're a complete waste of money for most users.

Anti-Spyware for mac is complete rubbish and anti-virus programs only make sense if you're worried about manually passing on PC Viruses (that can't hurt your mac and would have to be manually transferred by the user).
QUOTE Thanks
macman88

macman88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram

i used virex with panther. has anyone used it with tiger yet?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i tried to install virex once and i got the kernel panic and it did want to boot. had to archive and re-install, all was saved accept for the admin account settings.

this thread also made me happy to have my mac cause i spent most of my spare time this week re-loading a PC laptop and trying to get anti-virus for my PC.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« now this is weird... | lets talk wireless.. »