unibody macbook pro 15 matte screen

Hello,

I am planning to change my screen to matte, so searching for the part number of a matte screen for unibody macbook pro 15. I found that the glossy one is LG Philips LP154WP3, but couldn't find one for a matte screen. If anyone has done this before, please let me know the part number as well as where you bought it! (I heard that TechRestore does this service, but as my glossy lcd is somewhat broken, I have to pay $400.. I believe buying the lcd is cheaper.)

Also, if I change my screen to matte, do i need to change the front display glass too?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bacchusf View Post
    Hello,

I am planning to change my screen to matte, so searching for the part number of a matte screen for unibody macbook pro 15. I found that the glossy one is LG Philips LP154WP3, but couldn't find one for a matte screen. If anyone has done this before, please let me know the part number as well as where you bought it! (I heard that TechRestore does this service, but as my glossy lcd is somewhat broken, I have to pay $400.. I believe buying the lcd is cheaper.)

Also, if I change my screen to matte, do i need to change the front display glass too?

Thanks!

yes i wanna know too!

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Thread Information